Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Service Project Hours 7-8: Students United 4 (School Name Here)

Name of Organization: Students United 4 (School Name Here) (Decided at Meeting)
Location: Private Residence in Buffalo Grove (If you need the address, ask me and I'll give it to you)
Date: Friday February 18th 5-7 PM
Supervisor: Kimberley Levy (K_Levy@comcast.net)

Coming off of my campaign dinner on Wednesday, I was looking forward to getting more into the nitty-gritty of how we as students could help out with the campaign. This meeting was held at a friend of mine's house, and there were 4 other students who showed up, plus Kimberley. We got right to business on how we are gonna plan this election out. In Case anyone from the opposition stumbles across this page, I'm going to be rather vague in my descriptions; If you need more information, talk to me in person and I'll get it to you. We decided to Split the job down the middle, Me and my friend Glenne would be in charge of online recruitment, while the other two kids would be in charge of organizing volunteers. We planned out dates for a phone bank and door-to-door canvassing, as well as tentatively scheduling another meeting. When the meeting was over, I went immediately home and started working on my job. I created a facebook group in support of our cause (I can give you the link if you'd like) and added over 300 people to the group. I added a mission statement, and informed people of ways to get involved with the campaign. Since then, I have moderated the group to keep out explicit behavior (which there has shockingly been a lot of), and recieved contact from people wanting to work on the campaign. One of them is actually a college student with campaigning experience. I trust he knows what he's doing; you don't get a profile picture of you with Joe Biden for nothing! I am very excited to be working on this campaign, as it means a lot, and will help shape the future of the school for years to come

1 comment:

  1. Thats really great that you are so organized with your community service. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete