Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Service Project Hours 5-6: Campaign Dinner

Name of Organization: United 4 (School Name Here)
Location of Event: 301 Weiland Road, Buffalo Grove (The Grove Banquet Hall)
Date: Wednesday, February 16th 5-7 PM
Supervisor: None officially, but if you need contacts to verify my attendance, I can give it to you

Last Wednesday I went to a political fundraiser/meet-and-greet to kick off the campaign for the reelection of the incumbent candidates for school board. I was excited, I had always wanted to get involved in politics, but had been to lazy too. This election however, I felt the need to get involved, as some of the things the opposition wants to do scares me greatly. I went with a group of kids from GSA and two adults who were with us. It was mostly a meet and greet, which was nice, as I got to take time to talk to the candidates about the issues at hand, and was lauded by them multiple times for being involved at such a young age, which made me feel very proud. After we spent time talking to the candidates, they gave speeches, and then we talked some more about ways to get involved on the campaign, and I knew I had another meeting planned on that more individually for Friday. Before I left, I picked up a yardsign for their campaign, which I intend to post on my lawn as soon as we are allowed to, on March 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment