Saturday, March 12, 2011

Community Service Hours 9-10 (And More): Phonebanking for United 4 (School Name)

Name Of Organization: United 4 (School Name)
Location: 475 Half Day Rd
Date: Saturday March 12th 12:15-3:45 PM
Supervisors: Kay Hoogland & Adam Didech (kayhoogland@mac.com or adam.didech@gmail.com)

I completed my community service hours as required by class today with the election campaign, but I am far from done assisting with it. I arrived at the office building at around 12:15, and after spending about 20 minutes getting a group photo taken for the website, I was put in a cubicle to make calls. I've always been deathly afraid of chatting on the phone. I'm a bit socially awkward, and I always fear what to say and how to say it. Because of that, phone banking was scary at first. However, I quickly got used to it, and by the end of the day, I was actually enjoying talking to the people to get out the vote. Tomorrow I will be canvassing with the same group, and I hope to help out even more in the future. This election means a lot to me, and Im glad I can be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment